Important notes for your Apollo wearable:
- The vibration should be noticeable and comfortable, but not distracting. Always start with the intensity low (where you just start to feel it) and increase from there gently. You wouldn’t start listening to your music with the volume at 100%, so think about Apollo’s sound waves in the same way, but for your skin instead of your ears.
- Schedule your calm with the new Scheduling feature. Create a customized schedule that automatically plays throughout your day, so you can get into healthy Apollo routines with less thought and effort.
- Tapping both buttons on the device one time will pause or restart the last Vibe you were using without having to open the app. You can do this anytime including if you wake up in the middle of the night and want to fall back asleep.
- Use it as often as you like. You can’t hurt yourself by using it too much. The more frequently the Apollo wearable is used, the better the biometric improvements we have seen (particularly when consistently used to get the day started and before bed and with sleep). Using the Apollo wearable 3+ hours a day, 5+ days a week, during the day and night yields the best results.
- Wear it your way. Apollo Bands and Clips give you the flexibility to try the Apollo wearable in different places and experiment with what works best for you. Try wearing your Apollo device as a band around the ankle at night when you sleep, and clipped to your clothing on a shirt collar, bra strap, or waistband during the day.
- The wearable is easiest to use when the buttons are facing away from you.
- The Apollo wearable has "airplane mode" that can be activated to turn off all radio communication from the device. It can still be used with the buttons on the last selected settings when in airplane mode. To deactivate airplane mode, just charge your Apollo.
- It is normal for our bodies to become more sensitive to the vibrations over time, at which point you may find that lower intensities work better and result in extended battery life.
- Check the “Me” tab at the bottom of the screen to see how many minutes of sleep you’re getting back each night from using your Apollo.
Align your Apollo Vibe with your desired goal. The Apollo wearable is particularly great for transitions throughout the day such as waking up, falling asleep, going from work to family time, from stress to meditation, and for activities like public speaking.
Using Apollo Vibes
Waking up in the morning
Start the morning with Focus around 20% intensity for 30-60 minutes. Focus in the morning is Dr. Dave’s personal go-to. For a very gentle wake up, try Recover starting at 30% intensity.
If you’re really tired and dragging, set the Apollo wearable to Energy with a starting intensity of 10-20% for 5-15 minutes. This Vibe is also a favorite for pre-workout and to reduce the need for caffeine during the day.
Finding focus in the late morning into the afternoon
Set your wearable to Focus starting at 20% for 15-60 minutes — continue with this Vibe as needed throughout the day to keep your energy up and your head clear. People have told us that this Vibe also works really well for relieving headaches and nausea as well.
For creative work or socializing
For clear creative work or social flow (like socializing with friends, family, or colleagues when you’re tired after work), use Social starting at 30-40% from 30-60 minutes.
Bouncing back from intense stress of any kind (ie. physical/mental/emotional)
Set the Apollo wearable to Recover starting at 30% for 5-30 minutes.
Recovering after a physical workout
Set the Apollo wearable to Recover starting around 30% for 5-30 minutes to improve recovery. This Vibe also improves recovery within just 2-3 minutes of use in between sets in interval training.
Unwinding for the evening or meditating
Set the Apollo wearable to Calm Vibe starting at 35% for 15-60 minutes for a calm flow state, to deepen meditations, to reduce restlessness, or for aches and pains.
For intimacy and connection
For deep relaxation or for building connection and intimacy with a loved one, try Unwind on the ankle starting at 40-50% for 30-60 minutes.
For a good night’s sleep
Before bed, make sure your wearable is on your ankle and set it to Unwind starting at 40-50% for 15-60 minutes.
Once you're in bed, set the Apollo wearable to Fall Asleep starting at 50% for 30-60 minutes.
If you wake in the middle of the night, you can click both buttons on the device once, at the same time, to reactivate the sleepy Vibes to help you fall back asleep and decrease wakeful time in the middle of the night.
If you are an Apollo Labs member, Stay Asleep, Apollo's Sleep AI, will turn on automatically when sleep disturbances are detected and respond by rocking you back to sleep, ideally before you even wake up. Just set it and forget it!